[pp.int.general] PPI conference this winter/spring

Patrick Maechler v/o Valio pirate at valio.ch
Wed Jan 13 15:13:40 CET 2010

This Monday it was decided to move the date to 16th-18th April; mainly
because of financial issues and also because some parties were in favor
of a date which will be closer to their national elections.
There will be an official announcement this weekend (Deadline: Friday
23:59:59 CET) including all details.

I try to give a short, but incomplete summary of it below, to give you a
vague idea in the meantime
(AKA _inofficial_ statement, about issues discussed last Monday. Please
read the announcement this weekend)

The announcement will include a call for the formation of 2 task forces:
(a) concerned with working out a set of statutes
(b) concerned with planning of the conference itself in Brussels

There will be a limitation of voting power (2 per party)
There might be also a limitation of participants (e.g. depending on the
location we can organize).

We can provide limited financial support for the "official" 2 delegates
per party, _IF_ needed.
There was one party who already booked tickets for February. Since their
charge for changing the flight date was quite low, we decided to
reimburse them in favor of the April date.

cheers
pat