[pp.int.general] Democracy in PPI

Jeremy Morton admin at game-point.net
Sun Jan 17 21:16:20 CET 2010

On 17/01/2010 19:54, Franz Rauchfuss wrote:
> Andrew Robinson schrieb:
>> This is precisely the reason we were unable to respond in a useful way
>> to the proposed dates, the UK General Election date is currently
>> unknown,
>
> Short question: Are all election dates in the UK on such a short notice
> or is this a special case?

The government currently in power decides when the next general election
is to be held, and once they declare that it will be held, there is
about 4 weeks until it is held.  They must hold a general election once
every 4 years or so.

My question to AndyR: why the hell does stuff have to be orchestrated
carefully around the next general election?  Do you think we have a
rat's chance in hell of winning a seat, or influncing anyone else's
winning a seat?

(if he bothers to respond to that, it will be a record)

Best regards,
Jeremy Morton (Jez)