[pp.int.general] PPI statutes task force

Steffen Ortmann steffen.ortmann at pp-international.net
Wed Jan 27 21:11:19 CET 2010

2010/1/27 Christian Hufgard <pp at christian-hufgard.de>:
> Patrick Mächler wrote:
>> Which version of
>> these will be used for the final PPI statute will be decided at the
>> conference by the delegates.
>
> And who will decide if a certain statue if accepted by the pirates
> themselve? Is this also done by the delegates or is it up to each pirate
> to vote for or against theses statutes?

PPI will probably never be able to communicate with every pirate
individually. Since we do not aim to have power over pirates
it is also not really necessary. Pirates elect their national boards
to represent them in conferences like this one. Every pirate is invited
to watch and participate in the statutes task force and communicate
the progress to other pirates in his home country. He should than
report back the feedback he got to the task force.
The voting upon the statutes will than be up to the delegates.
I cannot see a way to let individual pirates decide upon it nor
do I see the necessity to do so.
That is for now my opinion and should not be considered as
a reply from the whole coreteam.

--
regards,
Steffen Ortmann