[pp.int.general] PPI statutes task force

Steffen Ortmann steffen.ortmann at pp-international.net
Wed Jan 27 21:38:44 CET 2010

2010/1/27 Christian Hufgard <pp at christian-hufgard.de>:
> Steffen Ortmann wrote:
>> PPI will probably never be able to communicate with every pirate
>> individually.
>
> I do not mean communication but voting.

When I said communicate, I meant it to include voting. Voting
is a very clear way to communicate an opinion.
I apologize for being unclear in my choice of words.

There is no need for the
> abstraction of voting delegates! I cannot explain somebody on the
> street, that the EU is not democratically legitimized while our PPI uses
> the same way of constitution.

In this case I think the abstraction is needed, as it will also be for
future decisions on PPI by the pirate parties.
It is simply not possible (unless you would have great resources of
time and manpower plus the cooperation of all pirate parties) to
accredit all pirates to take part in an international ballot.
Just think about the numbers of PP-SE and PP-DE pirates ...

--
regards,
Steffen Ortmann