[pp.int.general] PPI statutes task force

Steffen Ortmann steffen.ortmann at pp-international.net
Wed Jan 27 23:06:29 CET 2010

2010/1/27 Christian Hufgard <pp at christian-hufgard.de>:
> Steffen Ortmann wrote:
>> Let's just take PP-DE as an example since we both know it very well.
>> To ask all of its members to vote, it would have to send out 12.000
>> letters (email is not an option since it could have been misspelled and the
>> party does not have emailadresses from all members). To get all those
>> letters printed, and sent out, PP-DE would have to spend about
>> 12.000 Euros.
>
> Never heard of mass mailings? They are much cheeper.

Have you ever heard of not giving ALL member adresses to some
spam mailing company? Please!

>> That is only the sum PP-DE would have to spend
>> on this ballot of course. We both know that this will never happen
>> in the way you propose it. Not because we oppose democracy but
>> because the outcome could never justify the effort needed to get it done.
>
> Well, democracy is not the cheapest way to decide what to do.

Since PP-DE is not FDP and is not receiving millions of euros in
donations, it's just not going to happen. But of course you can
request 10.000 Euros from PP-DE or whoever you like and
then we can talk business. Untill you have that kind of money
at hand ... I don't see any use in discussing this any further.

--
regards,
Steffen Ortmann