[pp.int.general] PPI statutes task force

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 12:30:12 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 8:45 PM, coretx <coretx at piratenpartij.nl> wrote:
> The PPI coreteam will only accept statutes that all delegates agree upon.
> Incompatible clauses will simply be excluded from the statutes.

+1

> Everybody is free to join the statutes taskforce, and help constructing
> "sets" that are to be proposed.
> We expect these to be unbiased, and aimed at creating common ground only.
> Not pushing national agenda's.

+1

> After the conference, the  "coreteam" should cease to exist, and (
> representative ) democratically elected officials will replace them.

Wow.

> Some parties being mobruled, ruled by monarchy or by representative
> democracy is all the same to us.
> National affairs are national affairs , Not PPI affairs. Fix them on a
> national level.

+1
I do, however, have one comment about that: things are not so simple
when there's a "fork" situation, where the PPI /has/ to make a choice
about *which* Pirate Party it acknowledges as such. Back in 07 (and
again in June) when we were in deep sh*t here, the PPI official
endorsement has been of great help, and we're very thankful to those
who made it happen (particularly Andrew).

> Voting /against/ something is a bad habit in general.
> Proposing a so called "Alternative" is much more constructive.

+1000

You guys are obviously working hard, and for that alone you deserve
our respect, no matter whether we agree or disagree on some topics (or
semantics, as I suspect is the case here).

As Denis said, we have to do our best NOW wrt the resources we actually have.

Cheers,
Valentin