[pp.int.general] ACTA declaration

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 08:52:13 CEST 2010

I'll actually engage in this penis-measuring contest, although I know I
have the longer one.
> You have the right to take your friend in your car because it is a
> legitimate exercise of your property right.  But the reason why we think
> you have right to share (for example) music is not because we think that
> file-sharing is legitimate exercise of *your* copyright on somebody
> else's music; it's because we think what author's copyright on her music
> shouldn't go so far to prevent you from non-commercial sharing.
First, your and your FSF buddies' idea of "sharing" is not limited to
"non-commercial": you should remember that 'cause that was one of your
most important points.
Second, can you please explain where the principal difference is between
me sharing a car with my friend and me sharing a song with my friend?

> So. you won't go far with that idea of equalling file-sharing with
> car-sharing; only very stupid opponents (or those who don't have enough
> time to think his answer) can be defeated by using such rhetorics.
> Actually, if the comment about car-sharing was chronologically first,
> and comment about legalisation of car-stealing was a response to it,
> that anti-pirate guy would win -- in demagogy contest, the winner is the
> guy who had the last word.

Nope, but in your opinion - namely the one if a single very brain-less
individual - it of course would...

B.