[pp.int.general] "Intellectual property"

Sebastian Nerz basti at tirsales.de
Fri Jul 9 15:46:07 CEST 2010

Am 09.07.2010 15:15, schrieb I.K.:
> Now, copyright lobbyist are the same: nobody is pushing through the idea
> that everything that contains a word "property" in its name should be
> treated like any other kind of property; rather, their idea is that
> everything that is property in its nature should be treated like any other
> kind of property, regardless of the way it is called. They don't advocate

Actually thats the reason why the word "intellectual property" was
defined ;) "Its property, so it should be treated like any other property".

> copyright because the term "intellectual property" contains the word
> "property", they advocate it because they think that copyrighted material IS
> someone's property. See, the idea, the nature of phenomenon is what matters
> - not the wording used to refer to it.

They believe that copyrighted material is property so they call it
property to clarify this. We believe its not – so we call it otherwise ;)

regards,

Tirsales