[pp.int.general] Internet Governance Forum 2010 in Lithuania - can we have some pirates?

Joonas Mäkinen joonas.makinen at piraattinuoret.fi
Thu Jul 22 00:57:40 CEST 2010

I'm going to visit the Internet Governance Forum 2010 (http://igf2010.lt/)
in September (14th to 17th) as a member of Electronic Frontier Finland. This
year it's held in Lithuania.

The forum is for all sorts of groups, governmental and non-governmental
alike, to discuss whether the Internet should be controlled and how. Expect
a lot of talk about censorship. This would be a prime place to meet
important people around the world and do some networking. I haven't heard
anyone's registration being cancelled so pirates from around the world
should be all fine to sign themselves up to come, observe, study and mingle.

http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/index.php/component/chronocontact/?chronoformname=WSProposals2010View&wspid=69

<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/index.php/component/chronocontact/?chronoformname=WSProposals2010View&wspid=69>I
planned to have a presentation about changed habits in culture consuming,
covering Creative Commons, legislative issues based on false and outdated
measures that do not take free culture into account. It's not completely set
in stone yet, but very piratey issues anyways.

Any pirates nearby during that time? Anyone willing to travel for the event?

Also, how's the Lithuanian pirate party doing? The link on PPI website gives
only a white empty page for me: http://piratupartija.lt/

--
Joonas "JoonasD6" Mäkinen
Vice chairman, Pirate Youth of Finland