[pp.int.general] Internet Governance Forum 2010 in Lithuania - can we have some pirates?

Joonas Mäkinen joonas.makinen at piraattinuoret.fi
Fri Jul 23 14:34:59 CEST 2010

Nice points from Särelä.

It is most likely that I won't be able to attend a day before the conference
or after that (no "free" days for this trip) but evenings during the
conference should be alright for me to meet up with local pirates. I also
strongly encourage pirates from abroad to come. :)

2010/7/23 Mikko Särelä <msarela at cc.hut.fi>

> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010, Edvinas wrote:
> > Would be nice to have you here in Lithuania. I could arrange a meeting
> > with the biggest pirate activists here in Lithuania to have informal
> > discussion. It would be very beneficial for us to have such a meeting
> > with people who have experience and knowledge. Would it be possible?
>
> If you have the time, you should take maximum advantage of this event.
> Organize a one day workshop before the governance forum and invite all
> international pirates coming to IGF to participate. Spread the word around
> your country and possibly hold a press conference.
>
> You don't get many this good opportunities to deepen your own ranks and
> getting publicity for your movement.
>
> Organizing is relatively simple, but some things need to be taken care of
> ASAP (such as getting a cheap venue and a date so that people still have
> time to reserve time for it).
>

> --
> Mikko Särelä
> "It is through exchange that difference becomes a blessing, not a
> curse", Jonathan Sacks, Chief Rabbi of Great Britain

Joonas "JoonasD6" Mäkinen
Varapuheenjohtaja, viceordförande
Piraattinuoret – Piratungdom

gsm +358 40 700 5190