[pp.int.general] DMCA takedown against our Pirate Party logo (which is my own original creation)

Gregory Engels gregory.engels at pp-international.net
Sat Jun 19 10:12:56 CEST 2010

Edison, it is sad that this is happened to you,

but i would not be that hard to have it all restored.
You do not need an agent inside the USA at this
moment, you should submit the counter notice
asap to twitter, by using for example this generator:

http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca/counter512.pdf

and fax/email this to twitter to the number they gave you
in the email below.

After they got it, unless the
copyright claimant brings a lawsuit within 10 business
days, they can put back the material and still remain
immune from liability.

And you can sue the person who filed the bogus
DMCA take-down-request.  see
http://www.eff.org/cases/online-policy-group-v-diebold/
but personally I would not recommend this.

let me know if you need any further support, or if
there anything we can do for you,

sincerely yours,

Gregory Engels
Co-Chairman