[pp.int.general] PPI helps PPNL during election campaign

Glenn Kerbein glenn.kerbein at pirate-party.us
Thu Mar 4 22:14:21 CET 2010

In the US, this is not unheard of. I've tried extending a diplomatic
hand to other third parties, but to no avail.
It took the party almost a year and some change to find a bank that
would cater to a political action committee. I have a feeling, however,
that it has to do with the lobbying abilities of 527s.

One should also take note of the power that paperwork has. It gives you
indemnity and fallback in case of legal issues. It also can be a great
hassle to obtain, depending.

Just my two cents.

On 03/04/2010 11:09 AM, Christian Hufgard wrote:
> PPI Info wrote:
>> Today the PPI acted according to one of its core principles by helping the
>> Dutch Pirate Party (PPNL) and letting them use a PPI bank account for a
>> limited time to be able to compete in the upcoming national elections.
>
> You are kidding, are you? The want to get seats in the parliament and
> are unable to open a bank account?!? Maybe the netherlands are a pretty
> weird country and their is a good reason for not giving a party a bank
> account, but at the first glance, that sounds really, really weird.
>
> Christian

Glenn "Channel6" Kerbein
United States Pirate Party
+1 (707) 636-4198