[pp.int.general] Meet Our New Freind....Pirro =)

Gregory Engels Gregory.Engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Tue Mar 23 09:56:51 CET 2010

On 23.03.2010, at 09:26, Stephane Bakhos wrote:

>> but why did you chosse cc-2.0? and not cc-3.0?
>
> What is the difference?

2.0 is released in 2004 and is not considered by everyone
to be a real "free" license. Those incompatibilities with BSD
and MIT where addressed in the 3.0 version of the license
in 2007.

see this Blog post: http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/7249

Also, the 2.0 "generic" license is somewhat specific to the
USA legislation, the 3.0 has a new generic license that should
be truly legislation agnostic called "unported". It has been
than ported to over 50 national legislation.

If no such portation exist for your country (as is the fact with
russia, were the author of Pirro is living) - I would suggest
the local Pirate Party to endorse such a portation and get
involved with CreativeCommons.org

you can see the international status here:
http://creativecommons.org/international/

Gregory Engels
International Coordinator
Pirate Party of Germany