[pp.int.general] International Pirate Day

Angel Vazquez Hernandez anvazher at gmail.com
Sun May 2 14:53:15 CEST 2010

Sorry, I can't log in the wiki. So I must to use this list to my proposal: *9
june, the Saint Columba death day*.

Saint Columba was the first pirate. Read about Saint Columba in
Wikipedia<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbkille>:
Saint Columba was born on *7 December 521* and died on 9 June 597, he was
the first person who was judged for a not authorized book copy.

Saint Columba was a monk, a warrior (read about Battle of Cúl Dreimhne in
561), a man of letters (having written several hymns and being credited with
having transcribed 300 books) and a mythological person (he stopped Loch
Ness monster, and he knew ¿king? Artorius). *He is, also, the patron saint
of the poets and the bookbinders.*

In Middle Age european culture was in the monastic settlements founded by
Saint Columba descendants. *He was a pirate that made Europe as we know.*

2010/5/2 Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov <bogo at piratskapartia.bg>

> So, there are more ideas here:
>
> http://int.piratenpartei.de/User:Bogomil/Projects/IntPPD
>
> If you don't know how to use wiki, feel free to send proposals here.
>
> Please propose a date and/or add more details. I will give a beer for every
> contribution :)))
>
> Thanks,
> Bogo

Angel Vázquez Hernández
http://anvazher.nireblog.com/

Coordinador del Comité Sectorial de Sociedad de la Información
PARTIDO PIRATA