[pp.int.general] Women in piracy

quemener.yves at free.fr quemener.yves at free.fr
Mon May 3 18:27:25 CEST 2010

----- "Perline-Parti Pirate (fr)" <perline at partipirate.org> a écrit :
> PPI is one of them : they did'nt vote for any women for the board.
> Nor for any older people in fact.
>
> And it is not because we had no proprosals...

----- "Perline-Parti Pirate (fr)" <perline at partipirate.org> a écrit :
>14 proposals
>7 elected
>no woman (2 proposals)

The probability of this happening assuming a random choice is 67%

The fact that no woman was elected in this case has strictly no statistical significance in showing a bias. As someone who wasn't at the meeting but finds the claims of sexism to be a serious issue, I would like to know what elements make you feel that women were discriminated.

I have the feeling that you are basing your claims on some facts that are not apparent to the people trying to follow the issue only from the mailing list. Could you elaborate a bit more ? What makes you believe that the gender of the female candidates were a handicap ?

Yves