[pp.int.general] Women in piracy

Justus Ršoemeth squig at dfpx.de
Mon May 3 19:07:20 CEST 2010

So what you are saying is that we should vote for women or older people
even though it seems to those voting that there are better persons to do
the task? I think this is exactly what we should not do. (for the
record, in Germany women are voted into positions of the german pirate
party for example, even though only a tiny part of all German pirates
are women. If women were systematically voted against I agree that would
be a problem, but I think what happened in Brussels was that the people
who were voted for positions in the board were deemed as better suited
for the task. Of the two female (which is a number we should all agree
on to try to increase!) candidates one wasn't there physically, which
hampered her just as the male candidates who weren't there (this has to
be addressed as well), while on your candidature there were voices even
from your own party that claimed that they hardly knew you (no offence).
I agree that we should get women interested in our politics, as our
problems are their problems, too. But we shouldn't just force the wopmen
through the electoral process.