[pp.int.general] Women in piracy

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Tue May 4 15:12:12 CEST 2010

On 4 May 2010 01:39, Justus Ršoemeth <squig at dfpx.de> wrote:
> We can't tell anybody with whom to communicate or not, but last time I
> checked the pirate movement was trying to attract more than just people in
> their 20s and 30s with an IT background.

and they have. i come from a natural sciences background, although
admittedly i'm a bit spread out all over the place.

i admit to being in my 20s though, but that's mostly a mistake that's
grown on me during the years.

meh. being a woman can be a competence in itself. promoting women
makes it appear as if there are women, which makes more women want to
join because they don't feel as if they'd be stuck in this essentially
male environment. don't ask me why, it's just the social segregation
thing.

btw, i just read Pirate's Dilemma and apparently most of the top
american companies have mixed boards (women+men+minorities etc)

> Cheers
> Justus
>
> On 04.05.10 00:31, Jerry Weyer wrote:
>
> Please calm down Boris. We can all discuss and argue, but no personal
> insults or foul language should be used here! Even if the mailinglist is not
> moderated, that should not mean you should insult people.
>
> Let's try to keep this civilized!
>
> Jerry
>
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 12:25 AM, Boris Turovskiy <tourovski at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 03.05.2010 23:39, Perline-Parti Pirate (fr) wrote:
>>>
>>> THIS kind of talkin g is definitively NOT ACCEPTABLE.
>>>

>> Please, take your pills and don't bother the rest of us with your
>> psychiatrical problems.
>>>
>>> Am I the only one to find that THIS KIND OF RELATIONSHIP is definitively
>>> a way to kee correct people in general and
>>> specificaly women OUT OF THIS GROUP ?
>>>

>> If you want any reasonable argument - you just busted your chance.
>> PLEASE; GO FUCK YOURSELF: independently of your sex. If you'd free the
>> Pirate movement of your very much stinking 60's presence, it would be
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Boris
>
> Weyer Jerry