[pp.int.general] General Elections in the UK

W Tovey will.tovey at pp-international.net
Fri May 7 14:46:22 CEST 2010

The results of all Pirate candidates in the UK General Election are now
in. In general, the election managed to go disastrously for pretty much
every party (although the Greens finally got a seat) and there is no
clear winner. Anyways, we got a total of 1340 votes across 9
constituencies, or about 0.34% of the vote. Considering we have spent
about £13,000 in total as a Party, and have been around for 10 months,
we're fairly happy with this.

More details are available here:
http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/press/releases/2010/may/7/election-result/

It is also fairly likely that there will be another general election in
the next few months after the mess of this election, (and we might even
get electoral reform by then) so we will be starting our next election
campaign next week...

Will
PPUK Press Office