[pp.int.general] Why Free Software misses the point

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Fri May 14 17:57:07 CEST 2010

On 14.05.2010 11:08, Radosław Nadstawny wrote:

> Yes, I've written that majority of people care only about convenience,
> and by that I only mean that majority of people don't realize the real
> importance of many other things.

That is true in the general case, but not when we're talking about
objects whose aim lies in enhancing people's convenience. There is no
fundamental difference between writing a text on a typewriter and
sending it by snail mail and typing it on the computer and sending via
e-mail, it's just that the second way is faster and allows for more
convenience.
> It seems to me that it's not the philosophy what makes you feel bad
> about FSF, but rather their way of presenting this philosophy, which
> can make it seem unattractive for most people. Isn't it the case?

Maybe. I wouldn't care that much if not for constant wailings by some
people that as a true Pirate I mustn't use Skype, Windows and the pdf
format:)

Best regards,
Boris