[pp.int.general] Why Free Software misses the point

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sun May 16 22:04:35 CEST 2010

    Yes, it can be really annoying when sometimes almost religious people
    put forward the statement: "This is proprietary software; it is bad, and
    you should not use it". It is particularly annoying because it is not
    even an argument, but simply a statement.

Proprietary software tramples the users' freedom, so it is bad.
That is a very brief statement of a position.
The arguments for this position are longer, so we don't give
the arguments every time we mention that a program is bad.