[pp.int.general] The Piratebay

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Tue May 18 16:44:32 CEST 2010

On 5/18/2010 10:31 AM, quemener.yves at free.fr wrote:
> The legalization of non-commercial filesharing is a common reclamation of so many pirate parties...
> Which of them do not endorse this ?

Ah, were it so simple.

In the Us, for instance, political parties can not condone or endorse
the breaking of laws. They can say "This law needs to be changed", but
thats all. It makes things a legal grey area, especially with TPB (who
under US law is (probably - IANAL!) a strong case for vicarious
infringement at least.

At least its not as confusing as say the pot issue, where it's legal for
medical purposes in some states, but flat out illegal federally.

US Election/campaign stuff is really messed up though. Thats why, 3.5
years after the party was formed, there's still paperwork in process.

The US is actually pretty undemocratic when it comes to democracy...

Andrew