[pp.int.general] Fwd: about pirateparty.eu

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Fri May 28 17:33:53 CEST 2010

On 28 May 2010 17:20, P. Maechler <valio at visionsinteractive.ch> wrote:
> I had a similar idea: Let it become a business card for elected MEPs (there
> will be more than 2 once hopefully); if a European party wants to form,
> that's the best possible starting point (I personally see that as rather
> unlikely atm).
>
> Would you rather need a wiki or a blog for that purpose?

I find blogs better, because they are more accessible to a broad range
of people. Investing in a properly managed twitter-feed is also good.

I think that as long as the MEP people are dominated by only the one
party (currently the Swedish), it is not good to limit it's scope to
MEPs. A thing that has really concerned me for a long time is my
inability to properly grasp differences between member states and what
measures need to be taken into account for each nation - each MEP
affects the life of 500 million people. I only have close ties to a
constituence containing 9 million of those people.

I find every time I get the opportunity to talk to other European
pirates, I am a little wiser on the problems facing each member state
and how the EU affects them. But I will not always have the time or
the money to be everywhere, so I need text-feeds to keep me up to date
:P In languages I understand as well >_< *is not yet the perfect
European speaking 23 languages :(((*

> - pat
>
> Zitat von Amelia Andersdotter <teirdes at gmail.com>:
>
>> On 27 May 2010 11:31, Jerry Weyer <jerry.weyer at pp-international.net>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Helmut,
>>>
>>> Yes, PPI wants to take over this domain in case an EU party is build up.
>>>

>> Can I make a small suggestion on this topic?
>>
>> We have two MEPs in the European parliament (well, almost, since about
>> 2% of the European population are getting fucked over by the Council
>> of Ministers in getting represented the way they have the democratic
>> right to since December 1st), and Pirate parties all over Europe that
>> have run very successful election campaigns in the past year.
>>
>> With European policies on internal market blabla already being very
>> integrated, perhaps this site should be used already for collecting
>> data about law and current affairs in the member states and the
>> European parliament? I think it is also helpful for (me) if there is a
>> way of creating standpoints on European policies that benefit all
>> member states instead of the one I know the best (which would be
>> Sweden).
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Amelia
>>
>>> We will contact you with the details, or you can sent a mail to
>>> board at pp-international.net on how you want to initiate the transfer.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jerry

>>> Weyer Jerry