[pp.int.general] Pirate Party of the Netherlands now hosts Minecraft server for all Pirate Parties

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Mon Nov 1 12:53:10 CET 2010

    Minecraft can make a clear statement: Anyone can be a creator and copy
    copyrighted or patented objects with hardly any issues. One of the benefits
    of Minecraft is that you still create the objects yourself. This creates a
    gray area, where it is not always clear if it is intellectual property
    infringement or not.

I applaud the sentiment, but using the term "intellectual property"
_anywhere_ helps our adversaries.  Copyright law and patent law are
very different.  The term "patented objects" is also misleading, since
a patent is about an idea, not an entire object design.

It is important to express these ideas right if we want to educate
the public to understand these issues.

Who should I write to, to suggest changing that text?

--
Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation