[pp.int.general] Extortion letter laws

Mikko Särelä msarela at cc.hut.fi
Wed Nov 3 08:59:17 CET 2010

Hi,

I have an important request for assistance to you, my fellow pirates.

I know that many countries have or have had laws that allow "warning
letters" to be sent to the owners of IP addresses. Similar law is being
introduced to the Finnish parliament as I write.

The help I need from you is stories of the problems you have had with such
laws - preferably along with a reference to a newspaper (e.g. URL) telling
about it. We need documented examples of things gone wrong because of such
laws, if we are going to stand a chance to prevent this law from
happening. (The elections are coming, so there is a chance of that
happening).

--
Mikko Särelä
 "Power that is limited by nothing, by no laws,