[pp.int.general] Call for ideas

PP Tunisie sux at partipirate-tunisie.org
Mon Nov 15 21:57:52 CET 2010

Hi Pirates,

We're the Tunisian Pirate Party, many of us have been involved for a long
time already in net freedom, civil rights and hacktivism. For years now,
we're having this project about doing an international conference on the
subjects with speakers from countries where internet is censored and
governments/dictatorships are very oppressive  against freedom of speech and
civil rights along others from countries were the political situation
permits free speech, political opposition or some sort of it.

We've advanced on the content of the conference and the way it'll include
offline and online submission (broadcasted live hopefully). We did not do
alot of promotion yet as we want this event to be relatively small in
size nevertheless we've planned to launch a website, engage press relations
and build up a buzz online. If you feel to join, help or have ideas we'd
really appreciate that, the tentative dates are December 31st, Jan 2nd.

We're looking for
 + speakers from pirate parties that could contribute ideas and analysis on
the above mentioned topics.
 + an offline venue with reliable internet connection that fits around 50
people, accessible by airplane, free or inexpensive (west or east europe,
africa, mediterranean islands).
 + help in organisation, marketing, housing, connectivity, PR, bringing
local sponsors (some bucks and ingredients to organize a closing party could
be helpful).

Well I think that's it, we've got many motivated and talented people that
 are willing to travel and volunteer. We've got the slides, talks,
translation resources in arabic, french and english and cheerful ideas to
spread.  We were thinking of organizing the event in an african country
(with no cyber censorship) but the travel costs are quiet an issue for most
of us so europe would be fine. Last but not least we could get some talented
artists to join in as special guests so that we spend a happy new pirate
year.

I'm sorry if this email doesn't fit well the list, but we'd really
appreciate it if you can join us, do something or spread the word.

SuX
Parti Pirate Tunisien
sux at partipirate-tn.org