[pp.int.general] UK action idea: in schools

Erik Lönroth erik.lonroth at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 17:44:20 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Gareth Nelson <gareth at garethnelson.com> wrote:
> That is an important point but needs expansion:
> Schools in general tend to be gatekeepers of the current status quo -
> they teach what is mainstream and accepted and do not like to go
> against the establishment.
> Teaching "X is illegal, but not immoral - in fact X is a good and
> right thing to do" is unlikely to happen in most schools - a few brave
> teachers might do it and risk their jobs, but otherwise it's not
> likely to happen. I think we might get much better luck trying to get
> schools to remain politically neutral rather than (as some appear to
> do now) teaching students the copyright propaganda.

There is no such thing as "politically neutral". The schools are a
product of the political agenda pushed out to the educational
institutions by those in power. The same powers that in some cases are
representing the copyright-maffia today.

If we are to change this, we need to create the political and social
opinion that "Sharing is the right thing." To be neutral in this
matter will lead nowhere since it stands for nothing.

We need to express our opinion if people are to form an opinion about
us. Most people have no idea of what the hell we are bitching about
really. That's a real problem we need CAN and NEED to sort out.

/Erik