[pp.int.general] UK action idea: in schools

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Fri Nov 19 22:53:59 CET 2010

    Besides that, I really do not understand why P2P is so  targeted. Maybe is
    time to start creating free things and share using P2P to show the world
    that P2P is usefull not only to download ilegal content, and so it must be
    not punished just to download or upload using P2P.

It's already done.  There are already plenty of works and collections
that are lawfully distributed using P2P.

I suggest not calling works "content" -- that disparages the works
themselves.  See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html.

The publishers, talking about "content", disparage the works over
which they demand more power.  They don't really care about the works,
only about the money they hope to make from them.  We want freedom to
share those works because we appreciate them for what they are.
The term "content" reveals the publshers' true attitude.

--
Richard Stallman President, Free Software Foundation 51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110 USA www.fsf.org, www.gnu.org