[pp.int.general] PPi ask Anonymous to stop Payback

Marcus Kesler marcus at d-usa.info
Wed Nov 24 00:47:51 CET 2010

And that is pretty much what we do. You might call it bullshit, and if
you are part of a Pirate Party in a country that does not have such
stupid regulations I congratulate and envy you.

But the fact is this: Support criminal activity in the United States as
a political party, and you are no longer a political party. No way
around that, that is a simple reality of the political rules in this
country.

USPP lives with that reality.
Pirate Party of Oklahoma lives with that reality.

We cannot condone any criminal activity, no matter how small.
We cannot condone civil disobedience, no matter how stupid the rules
that prohibit them.

The Pirate Party of Oklahoma, and I assume the United States Pirate
Party, is not asking for the blessing of the PPI for our activities such
as issuing that letter. At times we have to release statements like that
to make it very clear that we are operating on the right side of the
law, even if that law is stupid and in our opinion wrong. It's not about
pissing off Anon, or PPI, or anybody else; it's about being able to
continue operation as a political party.

Marcus Kesler
Pirate Party of Oklahoma