[pp.int.general] PPi ask Anonymous to stop Payback

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 03:58:17 CET 2010

>> We cannot condone any criminal activity, no matter how small.
>> We cannot condone civil disobedience, no matter how stupid the rules
>> that prohibit them.

Swedish leftists say yes to civil disobedience (annual congress decision):
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/1.82271/vansterpartiet-sager-ja-till-civil-olydnad

Swedish Greens say yes to civil disobedience (statutes):
http://www.mp.se/templates/mct_177.aspx?number=167721

Swedish Christian Democrats say yes to civil disobedience:
http://www.kristdemokraterna.se/magnuskolsjo/Artiklar/Rattsaganejtillhomoadoption

Swedish Young liberals say yes to civil disobedience:
http://www.luf.se/liberalism/avdelning/kapitel-2-var-demokrati/

I find various examples of individuals from the Swedish democrats,
Social democrats, Center Party and Conservative party that condone and
actively engage in various forms of civil disobedience. One Conservative
party candidate does equalize it with "hate crime"
(http://www.dagensjuridik.se/2010/02/moderat-civil-olydnad-jamforbart-med-hatbrott),
but I think his parliamentary motion did not target the many
Conservative candidates that openly resisted paying public tv licenses
(http://www.aftonbladet.se/debatt/article447593.ab) for instance.

There does appear to be a general consensus that civil disobedience
requires a face, or someone to talk fall or blame/punishment for an
action (it was suggested in one article that releasing minks is not
really civilly disobedient because the group that releases the minks
hides behind a group rather than take responsibility). For internet
related civilly disobedient person ref http://blog.brokep.com/

I disagree that political parties can't support, condone or encourage
illegal activities, especially when they are used to express a political
point. I'm not really reminded of the original Tea Party but it's such a
wonderful story I include the link anyway
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/4878878.stm)

/a