[pp.int.general] Fwd: [PP Open] anonymous

lilo al3lilo at autistici.org
Tue Nov 30 20:39:53 CET 2010

FYI: i'm in totally  according.

lilo

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: [PP Open] anonymous
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 18:01:25 +0100
From: lilo <al3lilo at autistici.org>
To: Partito at r31692.ovh.net,	Pirata at r31692.ovh.net:Open
<open at ml.partito-pirata.it>

[Fri Nov 26]: As a response to the TPB appeal verdict, Operation:Payback
released the following statement.

Dear IFPI, MAFIAA and other parasites,

The recent verdict in the Swedish Appeal Court (ThePirateBay spectrial)
provoked this statement from Operation: Payback. We emphasize our
statement with a Distributed Denial-of-Service attack aimed at the
IFPI's website.

Today marked perhaps one of the most heinous of crimes against freedom.
It has been announced that the leaders of ThePirateBay have been found
guilty in a Swedish court. This travesty of injustice perpetrated by
media conglomerates is an abomination against society.

Anonymous strongly opposes this decision and the far reaching
implications. No single court should be able to decide what the rest of
the world can or cannot do.

We believe the Internet has opened new avenues of opportunity for
everyone everywhere. The Internet should not be censored or controlled
by governments or corporations.

Large numbers of people benefit from the use of torrents and
peer-to-peer to distribute their work. Torrents are widely used by
artists. Many profitable companies distribute their content using P2P
thereby saving themselves money by using other's connections. Why should
they get to have it both ways? Who are they to decide?

In simple terms, ThePirateBay is nothing more than Google for torrents.
They host NO infringing content. How can this be declared illegal? What
is next? Ringtones? Perhaps your favorite search site?

The leaders of ThePirateBay are not criminals. They have harmed no one.
They only brought good to this world. We are taught as children that we
must learn to share. Share food with the hungry, share water with the
thirsty, share medicines with the sick, then WHY CAN WE NOT SHARE
HAPPINESS?! Everybody enjoys music, everybody enjoys film. Isn't it
hypocritical to say that we can share these necessities but not that
what makes us enjoy life?

Technology has developed quicker than the entertainment industries can
comprehend. They cannot grasp what is possible today. They live in the
time where gramophones, cassette tapes and video tapes were the only
distribution method. Its ironic that they made the same arguments then,
yet they are still profitable. Today, our future is being limited by the
corporation's failed business models.Their solution is to control the
Internet itself. We have had enough. We are angry. We will no longer
take orders from oldfags dictating what we can and cannot do.

ThePirateBay stands as a symbol representing our beliefs. The voice of
the people should not be silenced by government let alone a private
company interested only in protecting their bottom line. Copyright laws
as they exist today are far outdated and have no place in the modern world.

We will continue our fight against these outdated laws. We will continue
to attack websites of those who are a danger to freedom on the Internet.
We will continue to attack those who embrace censorship. You will not be
able to hide your ludicrous ways to control us. We will expose you and
your intentions will be dealt with. This injustice must be corrected.

We will not forgive. We will not forget.

Yours (dis)respectfully,

Operation Payback.