[pp.int.general] Defend TPB

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 17:53:35 CEST 2010

 On 10/02/2010 06:49 PM, Marcus Kesler wrote:
> I think that if your only reason to be part of the Pirate Party was to defend TPB, then you are missing out on most of what the Pirate Party is fighting for.

I agree with Marcus here, but I realize the e-mail is about #spectrial2
(it took me a while).

The interest from Swedish media and the Swedish public for the trial has
not at all been at the same level as it was when the case was in first
instance. This, I guess, has to do with the fact that the people from
the Pirate Bay have moved on, the people who were running Piratbyran
have been trying to move on, they're basically running a court case
against people now that have perfectly productive lives doing all sorts
of other things rather than promoting a court case against TPB.

Peter Sunde/brokep is running Flattr, which is a good project you should
sign up to and encourage your friends to join if you feel like
supporting an associated project. There is a #spectrial2 channel at
irc.telecomix.org if you feel like chatting about the court case. You
could start your own micro-financing service, etc

Because they're in a court case, and already have some of the most
high-profiled lawyers in Sweden, activism wont really help them - judges
are not lobbyable in the same way politicians are and would probably
just be offended. On the other hand, there's a big chance the penalties
will go down considering the other ones were so outrageous. It remains
to be seen.