[pp.int.general] File sharing in space

Erik Lönroth erik.lonroth at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 22:22:41 CEST 2010

Hello you wonderful useless pirates!

Since we didn't do too well in the Swedish election, I have got some
time over for relaxing and spending time on some private projects.

A friend of mine is involved in some crazy stuff with rockets and is
currently participating in "Sugar Shot to Space". I'm not sure how,
But anway, we are thinking of doing a far less complicated thing
parallel to that...

We plan to send a file sharing site (or something similar) into the
sky - possibly a blogg (?)... We plan to use some kind of baloon and
try to keep it up in the air for as long as possible. Hopefully
irritating the crap out of authorities in as many countries as
possible.

I don't know jack shit about most of the stuff involved, but since I
figured, alot of techies roam this forum - I would like to ask for
good advices and far fetched ideas as to how to do this.

The Pirate Party Logo is off-course going up together with it.

The over all goal is to learn how to do this, have fun, create a
debate about free communication, learn stuff, publish everything and
share information.

Soon, we will start up a forum and wiki, but for now we would like to
know if you useless people can help out on the following topics:

* How to make a baloon stay up in the air for as long as possible.
* How to provide energy to enough electronics to drive...
* ... what nessesary equipment is needed to do this.
* How to keep the electronics alive as long as possible.
* How to fund it.

Are there any of you that can provide help here, or are we alone?

/Erik