[pp.int.general] The ‘private copying levy’ and European Union law

Mårten Fjällström marten.fjallstrom at piratpartiet.se
Thu Oct 28 12:25:34 CEST 2010

I'll just check that I have understood it correctly:

A) Since companies and professionals generally does other things with
their reproduction media, it is not legal to charge them a 'private
copying levy'?
B) But still legal to charge private persons?
C) The EU court has ruled this and that makes it binding for lower
courts in the EU, correct?
D) But it still needs to be applied to national law right?
E) Can you force the change by getting a local court to make a ruling?
F) In effect send a professional to buy CD's and sue the store, the
collection agency or the state?

Regards,
Mårten Fjällström
Party Secretary PPSE