[pp.int.general] Court Decision - Equitable Remuneration

Rodrigo Pereira rodrigo2kpereira at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 14:53:09 CEST 2010

2010/10/29 Amelia Andersdotter <teirdes at gmail.com>

>  On 10/29/2010 10:38 AM, PPI Info wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I would like to call to your attention the recent decision of the European
> Court of Justice. The Pirate Parties can be an organizer of the class action
> against the collecting societies. This can also link you to the business and
> get support from it, and it cal bring milions of euros for the Pirate
> Parties. It is worth a try.
>

> Well. In this debate, do we want to make ourselves a wedge between cultural
> industries and other industries, rather than representatives of the people?
>
> it would be more fruitful to focus our political attention to innovation in
> the creative industry business models - separate that industry from other
> industries and look at how it's managing itself, with or without the help of
> other industries or consumers.

And, perhaps, demonstrate that "blank tape tax" is not fair for people in
general. Becouse these tax are only to sustain the obsolete business model
of copyright industry.

"You have a copy machine, you infringe copyright!"

Is an argument that does not take into account the principle of presumption
of innocence. but apparently this does not be applied to "tax politics"
becouse I think the product or service object of a "tax politics" is CLEAR
defined, that does not hapen with "a possible copyright infringement". By
this, the same argument:

"You are a book importer, but you CAN import smuggling hided, so you need
pay a extra import tax to compensate the POSSIBLE tax lack."

You can respond: "POSSIBLE, I will pay you, wait my POSSIBLE check"

This is not fair in general, not only for a part of industry. And looks like
a "culture tax" that makes culture more expensive for all.

But, I don't know if is a good idea defend a part of industry against other
part.