[pp.int.general] Confluence betwen moviments, or a pirate vision on the south...

Partido Pirata Argentino ppirataargentino at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 03:10:36 CEST 2010

Hi Eduardo,
what does this have to do with Pirates?
Speaking the economic language, scarce resources behave in a fundamentally
different way than non-scarce resources (like digital goods). Are you
proposing to expand the approach we apply to non-scarce goods to "usual"
goods also? That's called communism and it doesn't work, sorry.

Best regards,
Boris
_____________

I apologize for my English is not good .

I will try to explain.

We are not in favor of communism, but if you read the text or the
spanish text it says:

" Free Software Organizations, Free Network, Community Radio,
Wikipedians, academics, librarians, environmental field organizations,
peasants and indigenous people among others. and people of Latin
America have discussed several ideas about the potential for a
convergence of movements against the processes of private
appropriation of life and knowledge."

"When we ask ourselves what we have in common, we find processes,
actors and scenes like sharing dispute. Is that extension systems
"intellectually property", both in duration and amplitude, reached a
position today that were not amenable to private ownership, while
extending the time monopolies in a systematic manner. A new global
system of "intellectual property" was promoted from the 1980s by the
U.S., with a series of case law that expanded the margins of what is
patentable to achieve, since mathematical truths to living beings. ."

For example in Argentina we have a serious problem with OGM, and its
impact on the health. There are many NGOs who are in that struggle, no
one political party to support these movements

Other problem is Barrick Gold and the opencast gold minesl Barrick
Gold the largest gold mining company on the world with Bush father as
lobbyist. The mountains are bursting  to extract gold with cyanide...

So, these and others problems in Argentina and other countries in the
region are urgent, and most of those problems are the appropriation of
property, knowledge, resources.

My English is very poor, I'll see if I find the English text to
share...But I don´t think in comunism

Eduardo.