[pp.int.general] Membership Status of PP-US - Re: Is PPI dead, or was it ever really born?

Gregory Engels Gregory.Engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Mon Sep 27 16:33:13 CEST 2010

On 27.09.2010, at 00:29, Andrew Norton wrote:

> Tuesday AFTER the conference. It
> was approved and our notification of that was sent to the new PPI
> board
> within a few days. We still have not heard anything back.

I am sorry to hear that, but

this is because it didn't get through to us. I for my part
have not gotten anything from you or from Glenn or from Brittany
or any other uspp representative after the conference.

It was a bit a surprise for us as Silke reported that PPUS
have considered them to have signed the PPI Statutes. I consulted
the other members of the Board, and them have not gotten your
signing either. We were left thinking, that USPP have simply not
joined the PPI, the same as Sweden, Poland and Turkey, who also
have attended parts of the Conference, but refrained from signing
the statutes.

Now, this seems to be one big misunderstanding, but no big harm
is done: either you can provide some documentation that you actually
have signed the statutes or otherwise have ratified them by your
party body, or you can apply for a membership and I am sure, it will
be granted during the next conference. (this is of cause in the hand
of the delegates of the next general assembly)

as for your other accusations, I'll answer in an other mail.

Gregory Engels
International Coordinator
Pirate Party of Germany

mobile: +49 172 853 44 91