[pp.int.general] Correct word usage for PP.

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Tue Apr 12 22:44:09 CEST 2011

    No, I didn't manufacture anything. You had the choice to use your
    authority - and you do have one - to support a cause which definitely
    didn't contradict your position but just "didn't go far enough" and
    besides, used "banned" words

"Didn't go far enough" might be quoting me.  But "banned" is not
a quote from me.  I have no power to ban words, and would not do so
if I could (since I am opposed to censorship).  I urge people to
choose certain words rather than others.

What those misleading quotation marks amount to is misrepresentation
of what I said.

				 (that's what can be concluded from your
    statement about the PDM). You chose not to support it, and you chose to
    do so not by a quiet "hey guys I'm not with you on this one" but by
    vocal criticism.

Once again, you have disregarded the difference between people and a
statement.

If someone advocates a half-measure, and presents it as a full solution,
I will say I disagree.  If a person uses words I think are harmful,
I don't try to censor him but I do criticize.

However, I didn't shun or even criticize the people who made the
statement.  I might be willing to work with them in something else.
But I won't endorse statements I disagree with merely for the sake of
concord.

When you attack me, you aim for accusations that could withstand a few
seconds of critical thinking, but not a whole minute.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation