[pp.int.general] Iceland and International Politics

Chr1s Shea7s yawnbox at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 07:40:59 CEST 2011

As an aside, for which I'm not sure if this relates, but Icelandic
people don't have a word for "pirate." The closest translation that
I've been told is "sea mugger". There are people who support the PP
movement, but having an PP organization might be difficult because of
this linguistic issue.

On Icesave, there is a good blog post written up by Birgitta Jónsdóttir:
http://joyb.blogspot.com/2011/04/why-i-said-no-to-icesave.html

Birgitta is a member of the political movement "The Movement" and is
the lady in parliament who helped draft the IMMI framework. She's also
an ex-wikileaks volunteer, for those of you who haven't heard of her.
Following her on Twitter is very informative.
https://twitter.com/#!/birgittaj