[pp.int.general] Iceland and International Politics

Maxime Rouquet maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org
Wed Apr 13 12:34:26 CEST 2011

On 04/13/2011 12:27 PM, NingúnOtro wrote:
> El mié, 13-04-2011 a las 20:06 +1000, Brendan Molloy escribió:
>> Following that chain of logic though, why are we not the Corsair Party?
>
> That's an easy one... do we recognize any kind of authority we should
> feel obliged to ask permission to?

We call ourselves pirates because it is the word used by the copyright
industry to qualify people whose only "crime" is to share culture.

Many movements changed a pejorative nickname into something you could be
proud of, I think about Impressionism for example :
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Impressionism

We are doing the same with the word "pirate".

Is there such a term used by the copyright industry in Iceland ?