[pp.int.general] Who forgot Bradley Manning?

Erik Lönroth erik.lonroth at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:11:54 CEST 2011

Dear Pirates!

In december 2010, we managed to create a common voice in support for
the people behind Wikileaks. By that time, threathened to their lives
due to their involvement in the publication of diplomatic documents.

The announcement was translated into many different languages and
every Pirate Party that wanted to participate did so with their own
versions.

Our version was:
http://sodertalje.piratpartiet.se/2010/12/07/piratpartiet-i-sodertalje-stodjer-reservationslost-wikileaks/

Now its time to do this again. This time, focusing on the real
hero(es) - the whistle-blowers, and more explicitly "Bradley Manning".
He has by end of MAY been imprisoned without a trial for a full year.
Parallells can be drawn to the journalist, Dawit Isaak, who is
imprisoned in Eritrea under similar circumstances.

I have tried to get in contact "Bradley Manning Support Network" to
get a "date" to organize the "One year of illegal imprisonment" day
and in conjunction with that - I hope - to formulate a common protest
together with the international Pirate Party.

There are some stuff we can do, apart form the "announcement".

* A "counter" that shows how long he has been imprisoned without a
trial that anyone can put on their blog/website.
* Poster/graphics for this.
* Make donations to the www.bradleymanning.org
* A "draft" on the announcement in text.

Anything to mark this day. Whenever it is.