[pp.int.general] We are doing a pirate video, could you help us?

David Arcos david at pirata.cat
Wed Aug 10 00:58:01 CEST 2011

Ahoy Pirates!

We, Pirates de Catalunya (PIRATA.CAT) are taking part in a video contest for
.cat websites, and we need your help!

We want to show that we are Catalan but, at the same time, we are part of an
international movement. So our video will show pirates from all over the
world reading a description of our website... in Catalan!

If you want to participate, these are the instructions:

Go to the most famous place in your city (a square, building, statue...) and
read the following text in front of a camcorder:

"Bon dia. PIRATA PUNT CAT és el lloc web dels Pirates de Catalunya. Tenim un
> bloc, un sistema de participació ciutadana, eines de treball, vídeos com
> aquest i molt més. Com veieu, som part d'un moviment mundial. Us convidem a
> entrar i participar. Salut i rom!"

We recommend you to shoot with daylight, to use an external microphone and
to do two versions of the shot; a closeup and a medium shot.

Don't worry if you do mistakes, don't know how to pronounce something or
have to read almost all the time, that kind of footage will be very useful
for the editing process. Just in case you need it, here's a file with the
proper pronunciation of the text:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15481036/pirata_cat.mp3

Thanks a lot for your help and if you ever need something from us, just ask.

--
Pirates de Catalunya
http://pirata.cat