[pp.int.general] Who are those guys?

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 19:00:33 CEST 2011

On 8/19/2011 12:41 PM, Francisco George wrote:
> Hi Brad,
>
> I read about the problems you are having with US PP, and sorry to hear
> about it.
>
> I'm a member of the National Spanish Pirate Party directory comittee.
>
> On of our affiliate just reported this to us...
>
> http://americanpirateparty.com/
>
> Who are those guys?

It was a Reddit group. It ended up being a bit of an extreme wing of the
Democrat party, and nothing like a 'pirate party'. Occasional poster
here Jay Emerson was part of it (joining after he lost his bid as USPP
vice chair), as was the USPP's 'own felon', Jeremy Hammond
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Hammond - someone who had been
trying to insinuate himself int he party since late 2006)

The group fell apart roughly 4 months after 'founding', when they
realised that they had to do something beyond arguing with each other on
a forum. Hammond hasn't been seen for about a year now (probably back in
jail) and Emerson came back to the USPP, eventually getting the
vice-chair position last July, and eventually causing the issues in
November 2010 that led to the party reform we're doing now.

That's the long and the short of it.

Andrew