[pp.int.general] PPI GA Prague / Video Conference System for remote delegates

Felipe Sanches juca at members.fsf.org
Wed Dec 28 00:17:54 CET 2011

All I get when trying to login is a fully black page. By looking at the
page source code I see the following text message: "This page requires
Flash Player version 10.2.153 or higher."

Flash version 10 uses the AVM2 virtual machine which is currently not
supported by GNASH. If you have the action script source code  of this tool
you may be able to recompile it so that it uses the AVM1 virtual machine
that is implemented by GNASH. Otherwise, this proves to be incompatible
with software freedom principles and will potentially end up blocking the
participation of a parcel of our audience. Even worse than that: it would
selectively block only people who is trully commited to software freedom.
Blocking participation based on political values does not seem a wise move,
so I urge you to reconsider the usage of this tool. I guess that using
mumble may work and will surely be a healthier solution to our needs.

happy hacking,
Felipe Sanches
Garoa Hacker Clube - São Paulo, Brazil
http://garoa.net.br/