[pp.int.general] PPI GA Prague / Video Conference System for remote delegates

Wolfgang Preiss w.preiss at gmx.de
Wed Dec 28 02:31:20 CET 2011

Hello,

after I had now some chance to give that system I described
(Videowhisper) some tests, I come to the following conclusion:

1. Windows Users with latest Adobe Flash Version easily can setup to use
the system as participants. There are a few minor glitches, but
something you could live with
2. Linux Users with latest Adobe Flash Version easily can watch, however
do a bit harder, if they want to participate in video conference. In
most cases additional setup software needed to be installed, and it took
users quite some time to get their webcam working, if they got it
working at all
3. According to feedback on this mailing list, users using gnash cannot
even watch using Videowhisper conference system.

Having these results, I decide that I won't invest any more time nor
money in this software, and it will not be used as conference system for
the ppi GA.

I'd like to thank anyone who gave me feedback and made it easy to come
to this conclusion.

Let me point out, that the final decision on the system to be used will
not be mine. I am trying to find out suitable options, which I will
suggest to the organisation team of the GA.

I will let you know on any other technical options, however I will be
thankful for any suggestions you can give me.

best regards

Wolfgang
Pirate Streaming