[pp.int.general] PPI GA Prague / Video Conference System for remote delegates

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 09:15:51 CET 2011

Richard: "holding to ideals is absolutely necessary if the goal is to
realize those ideals.  I think it was Gandhi who said, "You must be
the change you hope to see in the world."

Not when holding to ideals at the wrong time or in the wrong way can
harm the ideals themselves. Insisting at all costs on a free software
solution which is still work in progress, buggy and evidently inferior
to available (and often free) proprietary solutions is a weak position
that can only push others away from the free software ideal. I have
done this mistake a couple of times in IT consulting projects, and at
the end the clients were persuaded that free software = bad software.
Is this what we want?