[pp.int.general] Love and Solidarity to our Tunisian Brothers and Sisters

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 04:21:06 CET 2011

On 1/14/2011 10:07 PM, Rodrigo dA wrote:
> Nay, old parties were serious, top-down, hierarchical movements, and
> their seriousness
> didn't prevent them from stealing, violating human rights and ignoring
> the people they
> were supposed to represent.
> The way i get pirate movements is playful, horizontal and decentralized.
> Like in those
> Kim Stanley Robinson novels.

And remmeber, Arkady got turned into a human torch, the Reds killed
thousands when they dropped the elevator (and only managed to increase
security apparatus), while the serious people like Nadia and Art and
Nirgal went on and made a positive contribution, ditto X and Val, along
with my namesake there, Wade, in Antartica.

(bit of a KSR fan in the past, very nice guy too!)

> -rodrigo
>> Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 03:03:03 +0000
>> From: m2ys4u at gmail.com
>> To: pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net
>> Subject: Re: [pp.int.general] Love and Solidarity to our Tunisian
> Brothers and Sisters
>>
>> I sincerely hope not.
>>
>> Pirates are not "the youth gone wild". We're supposed to be a serious
>> political movement not a bunch of anarchistic teenagers sitting at their
>> computers raging at the grown-up world.

You forgot who wrote that text, Jack. That's EXACTLY what Jay is. If
he's not out protesting some trees, he's proposing sneaking people into
the US illegally.

>> We're going to get nowhere if that's your frame of mind and/or the image
>> you put across.

Yeah, you've pretty much described PPNY, both when Jay was a 'leading
light' in the American Pirate Party, and when he decided to come back to
the USPP after the APP collapsed (after following the anarchistic
teenager model)