[pp.int.general] Agora Voting System for a Liquid Democracy at FOSDEM

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 09:50:01 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org> wrote:
> Internet voting can be fine within an organization where not enough is
> at stake that one needs to worry about election fraud.  But be very
> careful not to do adopt it in a way that would encourage its use
> for elections for public officials.

Hello Richard:

Our aim is to use Electronic Voting for all the votings held in the
parliament. Because people don't normally have time for this, the
system will support vote delegation. There are cryptographic voting
protocols that even if all election administrators are corrupt, they
cannot convincingly fake a tally [1]. These are the kind of systems we
are going to use.

Of course we are not going to do that directly: Partido de Internet
would need first to have at least one seat at parliament. But when the
system is ready and in the mean time, we can start using, testing and
improving its security. If we want to have a better control of the
voting environment we could for example only allow voting in computers
specially set up in Partido de Internet's local offices and using a
secure GNU/Linux live cd created for this purpose.

Regards,
   Eduardo.
--
[1] http://www.usenix.org/events/sec08/tech/full_papers/adida/adida.pdf