[pp.int.general] Agora Voting System for a Liquid Democracy at FOSDEM

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Wed Jan 19 13:12:36 CET 2011

Note that I agree that the system you proposed earlier may be acceptable
if the authority trusted for privacy is made a bit more explicit in your
proposal.

I may go as far as to say that this is one of the best workaround I have
seen so far : make privacy credible through human means while making
accuracy absolutely trustful through cryptographic ones.

The comparison with a banking system just serves as a reminder that
saying "we trust crypto for banking therefore we can do elections
through the same means" is dangerous. Diebold uses the exact same one.
These two problems have different constraints and need to be solved
differently.

On hardware trustability, I am not much concerned about
vote-correctness, that is cryptographically ensured, but about privacy.
I am in no way saying that other currently used solution is better, but
just that it is impossible to trust a hardware prepared by someone else
to not do malicious things.