[pp.int.general] Agora Voting System for a Liquid Democracy at FOSDEM

Kenneth Peiruza kenneth at contralaguerra.org
Wed Jan 19 23:24:01 CET 2011

Hi Eduardo,

We do already do it. That is the way how Pirata.cat works in anything
not related to the Pirate Movement.

Right now we are using a GPL Drupal module developed by Ubuntu, named
"Ideatorrent". It doesn't ensure all that beautiful checks, but well, we
prefered to start using something free and nice to evaluate how does it
work and what does it lack.

We have contacted one of the biggest experts in participation, direct
and liquid democracy of the state, a woman that just came back from
Rome, and well, we expect to use her know-how + our feedback on
Ideatorrent to do a nice RFP with technical and non technical
specifications.

IMO it would be nice if Pirata-es finally decides to add the
direct/liquid democracy to its statutes, to start working together with
PDI and Pirata.cat.

Please Eduardo, feel free to contact us at partit at pirata.cat , so at
least Pirata.cat and PDI can start working together in these issues.

Right now, our biggest issues with Ideatorrent are: secrecy of vote and
territorial segmentation, so the same platform can be used in
decision-making at cities.

And this is why the president of PDI in Catalonia is one of our members
and was in our lists in the past election :D

Regards,

Kenneth