[pp.int.general] PPI General Assembly - Statute Amendments

W Tovey will.tovey at pp-international.net
Thu Jan 20 12:50:14 CET 2011

As part of the preparation for the PPI Conference, member organisations
have been asked to submit amendments to the statutes.

I am aware (possibly more than anyone) how much work the statutes need,
but it seems silly to have 22 groups of people working separately to
submit 22 different sets of amendments (covering the same things).
Therefore, I wonder if any others would be interested in working
together to create a set of amendments that can be put forward in the
name of several PPs, (possibly with the approval and cooperation of
those Parties who were reluctant to join PPI in April due to issues with
the Statutes that could be resolved through amendments)? In particular,
it would be good to hear from those who were at the conference but had
strong objections to certain parts of the Statutes as they stand (sadly
I am terrible with names, so I can't remember who these people are, but
if you can and they aren't on this list, perhaps you could let them know?).

If so, perhaps we can get a good set of proposals ready (without direct
input from the Board, to preserve neutrality or whatever) in time,
working either on the PPI Wiki or a Pirate(n)Pad.

If not, I'll probably just ask PPUk to propose the amendments I drafted
immediately following the conference (back in April:
http://lists.pirateweb.net/pipermail/pp.international.general/2010-April/006637.html
).

Anyways, if people are interested doing things this way should, I hope,
save a lot of conference time that could be spent on more productive,
and less technical issues.

-Will